0

Best/Worst

Posted by Allyson on 6:03 AM
Following in the footsteps of others I've decided to create a Best and Worst of 2008 list. This is by no accounts comprehensive and no doubt I can't remember everything, so, with all that said, we I go!

BEST
  • Comic-Con in July. I met some pretty cool people, BJ Novak and Mindy Kaling, the cast of the Sarah Silverman Program, and freaking Damon Lindeloff! Unfortunately, I have a very poor sense of celebrity and didn't take pictures or get signatures of any of those people. Also that may have been the only time I saw Megan Walker that entire year.
  • Seeing Mates of State! In the front row! And Jason Hammel looked at me I swear it so!
  • Leaving Target. This one event was months in the making and when it finally happened things just got better. I still miss it somehow, but I went somewhere that gave me SO much more money.
  • Coming home for Christmas. Although I didn't get to do everything that I had on my list, I still had a great time and was desolate to leave so soon. Oh well, that will just have to go on my "Worst of 2009" list.
  • Coming to Chatham? I suppose this should go on here. It was a huge change and I think I'm a little better for it. I had to pick up some skills like how to catch a bus, how to wake up on Saturday mornings without my mom waking me up, and hardest of all, how to deal without my family at arm's reach.
  • My summer reading program. I set up my own reading program this summer called "The Summer of Future Dis-Utopian Societies in Fiction" and I think I did a pretty good job. Selected titles included 1984, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451 and Little Brother.
  • Barack Obama winning the hearts of the people, the popular vote, and the electoral college by an absolutely amazing landslide.
  • Moving out of my childhood home. My entire family moved this past spring and it's an experience I'd never had before. It was hard to pack up my entire life and move it, but we all managed it. And I love my new house.
  • The DOOM of July that turned out to be very un-doom like and an event I'm quite happy finally occurred.
  • Parts of working for Valley. I liked when I did nothing.
  • Seattle! I loved Seattle and I had a fabu time with my Auntie.
  • Spring Break in Sacramento. I always love spending time with the ladies up there.
  • Misc. things like Barnes and Noble time, sleepovers, Tuesday Movie Nights, THE OFFICE, John Krasinski's beautiful face, Kate Harding, and my brand new comfy bed!
Worst of 2008!
  • Prop 8... No comment lest I go off on a rampage.
  • Getting the 24-hour stomach flu when I was practically alone on campus.
  • Leaving Bakersfield.
  • Riding the wrong bus all the way to the end of the line.
  • I don't want to think about the bad things anymore.
Yay New Year!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Short Excursions Into Allyson's Mind All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Blog Themes