0

Another Music Post

Posted by Allyson on 11:04 PM
Lately I've "downloaded" some new tunes. The following is a list of groups/artists I've been listening to obsessively recently:
  • Andrew Bird. You gotta love a guy who plays violin and whistles, not to mention his amazing voice.
  • Rilo Kiley. This is a recent one, I only have their latest CD and it is addicting. I must have listened to it 5 times today.
  • Yo La Tengo. I have no clue what their name means.
  • Cat Power. When I get depressed about life in general I listen to Cat Power. Until that song about how she just hates life and wants to die comes up and then I put on something cheerier, but not too cheery.
  • The Decemberists. I have loved them for years now, but I've gotten some of their older albums and also a recent live EP and my love is cemented forever.
  • Daft Punk. Now, I know it's "trendy" to be into Daft Punk, but I can't help it, that shizz is catchy.
  • Feist. Who doesn't love "1234"?
That is pretty much what my iTunes has been playing for the past few weeks. I still adore but haven't listened to the following in a while:
  • The Shins. I still love you, but too much is too much.
  • Arcade Fire. Eh.
  • Belle & Sebastian. My love, I adore you. I know you don't like being called "twee" so I won't, but you're too cute to listen to 24/7.
  • Zero 7. I don't really need to be mellowed out as of late, but when I do, you're my "Speed Dial No. 2."

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Short Excursions Into Allyson's Mind All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Blog Themes