0

Let's Decorate!

Posted by Allyson on 12:11 AM
My family is doing a lot of redecorating of our house. The entire family room/living room is in it's final stages (thank goodness considering we started 4 months ago) and I recently started to slowly clean out my room in hopes of moving out sometime in the next decade. I decided that I'm going to use Van Gogh's Starry Night as my inspiration and color palate. So far I've painted one shelf. I also replaced my light switch by myself! I am so proud of the fact that I can do basic electrical work. I should be able to considering that my family has renovated more than one house (two) in the past 10 years and I've spent months and months (spread over 8 years) painting and installing various house things. I am also cleaning out all of my books, which, sadly, means I will be getting rid of a lot of books. I don't want to give them away, although that would be charitable, I really want to sell them and get some of my money back. I also packed up a lot of things from my childhood (awards, dolls, etc.) into a storage container which is now in my closet with a bunch of clothes I need to actually give a way. The major phase of my room renovation will start next Sunday, the day my parents leave to go on a 9-day cruise to Mexico. I will clear my room of everything and paint it. I'm still undecided on the color but as long as it's not the stark white as it is currently I think I'll be OK.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Short Excursions Into Allyson's Mind All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Blog Themes